Director Of People Analytics
Americas Location: New York City Area, NY
Package: Salary + Variable + Equity + Benefits
hiQ Labs (https://www.hiqlabs.com/) is a fast growing, venture backed company that believes data science can elevate human resources and transform the way organizations manage their people. People Analytics is the hottest space in the Human Resources Technology space and is emerging as one of the next overall “big data” and analytics plays. Our product and team have been featured in Forbes and The Economist as the global standard in the emerging marketplace for innovative solutions in People Analytics. hiQ Labs was an early entrant and has established itself as one of the market and thought leaders. We have customers throughout the Fortune 500 and across many industry verticals. hiQ’s Elevate conference (https://hiqelevate.com/) is a marquee event for people analytics and HR thought leaders. hiQ Labs is located in the San Francisco Bay Area and offers a very competitive compensation package including base salary, variable, equity, and benefits.
Why Work for hiQ?
Here at hiQ Labs we offer a range of incentives and benefits including:
- Full medical/dental/vision coverage, and a 401(k) plan.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard, and take time when you need it.
- Early employee equity (4 year vest), Salary + Variable compensation packages.
Even more importantly we offer:
Opportunities to make an immediate impact on the company and shape the future of people analytics.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a dynamic, fast-moving office environment.
- A chance to build a strong network among top name brands and cutting edge people analytics leaders.
hiQ Labs is seeking a Director of People Analytics. This is an opportunity help pave the way for growth in a venture-backed, early stage technology company. The position is highly visible and presents the opportunity to learn from and contribute to the success of top people analytics teams across the country.
You will head up the People Analytics Team. Each People Analytics Team Member has four primary responsibilities:
- Customer and Sales Support: You will be responsible for being the first line of expert support for both existing customers and prospective customers. In this role you will engage with our customers on technical and statistical questions related to our products. You be involved in quarterly account reviews - helping create material and provide direct support in turning our data-driven insights into actions within your customers’ organization. This may include coordinating with our strategic partners. You will also be asked to support the sales process as product and practice experts in the field of people analytics.
- Analytics and Thought Leadership: Each PA team member is expected to undertake analytics projects using our deep store of data to uncover unique market and customer insights. This will include expectations to publish across a variety of venues from social media, industry print and peer reviewed journals as well as present at conferences including hiQ Elevate. In partnership with our data science team, you will also be expected to add to hiQ’s intellectual property, providing insights which will make our models and predictions more accurate and useful.
- Community Building: You will be expected to spend time investing in the emerging People Analytics community. In particular, you will be responsible for creating content for our hiQ Elevate conferences, regional advisory councils and with sales prospects. You will be tasked with creating and maintaining relationships with people analytics and HR people to bring them into productive contact with the hiQ community.
- Product Development and Market Research – You will be expected to use your analytic skills and domain expertise to contribute to product development and market positioning. You will take on projects that help shape, prototype and test extensions to existing products and new offerings. This will involve collaborating with product development, data science, marketing and sales.
As Director, you will take the lead to ensure each team member is contributing to these four areas, and that their efforts are focused on the most impactful activities.
- Strong Communication Skills: Candidates should show the ability to communicate across a wide variety of settings from one-on-one meetings to small groups to large audiences. Particularly important is the ability to be a strong technical communicator – translating complex statistical and quantitative information for different audiences. You will also be expected to be able to sell hiQ and evangelize the field of people analytics every day.
- Strong Quantitative Background – Candidates must be fluent in a wide variety of statistical techniques and demonstrate a deep understanding of the possibilities and limits of quantitative analysis. We are always looking to add people with depth in areas that compliment our existing team. Ability and desire to continually learn and apply new approaches is critical. Ultimately, we want people that can think quantitatively and creatively. Candidates should be fluent in one statistical package, preferably R or Python. Candidates with the ability and desire to quickly transfer to R or Python will also be considered.
- Strong Sociological Imagination – A background in HR, organization theory or related social science field is strongly preferred. You are expected to be a domain expert in HR and management processes. However, we will consider strong quantitative candidates outside these areas that can demonstrate a strong “sociological imagination” and a desire to make this your passion.
- Strategic Thinking: Strong candidates will demonstrate the ability to think strategically. For hiQ, this means the ability to quickly prioritize and focus on the most important issues and tasks. It is easy to see all the things we can do. It is more difficult to identify the things that will have the greatest impact. Thinking strategically also means you will be expected to reimagine the way organizations manage their people by using new data driven tools. This requires questioning the assumptions embedded in past practice and creating new, appealing alternatives.
Qualifications: Masters in a quantitative social science field or Bachelor’s plus equivalent work experience. 3-5+ years working in HR, consulting or related field. Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in People Analytics. Willingness to travel 35%. Preference is for someone in or willing to relocate to the East Coast. However, we will also consider candidates in other locations.
hiQ Labs is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
To recruitment agencies: We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes submitted through the career website or to current employees.